-->

Saturday, June 24, 2017

My review of Renewal by Helena Stone

Renewal (Dublin Virtues Series #3) by Helena Stone. 5*
BLURB: When everything changes, can renewal bring redemption?
Shane Boyle left Dublin for America burning most of his bridges and with no intention of returning, certain his future lay in Florida. When a family crisis forces him back to the city he grew up in, he knows his life will never be the same again. With his sister close to death, his mother and five-year-old nephew Danny need him not just to be around but also to be the rock they can depend on. Torn between panic about his new responsibilities and despair at his impending loss, love and a relationship are the last thing on his mind.
Chris Anderson left Australia for Dublin ten years ago with no intention of ever going back. For reasons he can’t explain, even to himself, he hasn’t been in a relationship for almost as long as he’s been in Ireland. Now thirty-five-years old, he wonders what happened to his dream of a lasting bond and a family to call his own.
When Shane and Chris hook up one night in a pub, neither knows that the next day they’ll meet again, this time as colleagues in a tattoo parlour. Chris has no idea about Shane’s dodgy past, and Shane can’t figure out the mountain of a man who refuses to take no for an answer. Having to reinvent his whole life is only the start of Shane’s process of renewal. Will Chris turn out to be his saviour or his downfall?


My Review: I received a copy for reviewing purposes Having read the first two books I wasn't sure I'd enjoy a story with Shane as the hero, especially given how he was portrayed in the previous ones. However Ms Stone does an excellent job of redeeming him and turned him into the perfect hero for this story. I really respected Chris because he was so patient and loving with Shane at a time when he needed that the most. Overall, I think this one might end up my favourite story from the Dublin Virtues series. It has everything I hoped for after reading the blurb and little Danny might even end up my favourite character, such an adorable little tyke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.